Consultation On The Future Of Unallocated Spectrum Auction In 2012

Consultation On The Future Of Unallocated Spectrum Auction In 2012

“The use of broadband mobile Internet constantly increases, and income from those services recorded the most spectacular growth in the first half of last year, by 45%,” said Catalin Marinescu, president of the Communications Regulatory Authority (ANCOM).

As a result, the Authority launched a public consultation on Monday trying to find out if operators are interested in buying the right, to use the unallocated radio frequencies in the auction of nearly 700 million in 2012.

The public consultation aims to allocate a block of frequencies in the 800 MHz and 8 blocks of 2600 MHz frequency band, the remaining awarded resources of spectrum in the auction held during 2012. These resources will be allocated to radio spectrum for the provision of mobile broadband communications.

The Authority has developed a questionnaire that addresses all potential suppliers interested in acquiring the rights to use some of the 9 blocks of frequencies through which the industry wants to find out opinion on the manner and conditions for granting such blocks, and intentions incumbents market or of potential new entrants regarding possible participation in a competitive selection procedure for allocation of spectrum available.

Thus, those interested are invited to express their opinion on the need and opportunity of organizing a competitive selection procedure for allocation of spectrum blocks, the type of procedure, the time horizon for this and any conditions or restrictions associated with the procedure. Opinions and intentions expressed in this consultation will serve to substantiate ANCOM decision on granting the 9 blocks of frequencies.

If operators would be interested in starting a competitive selection procedure, ANCOM still wondering, when would be the right time: 2014 or 2015?

ANCOM invites all interested persons to submit answers to the questions before 18.02.2014 at ANCOM website, ANCOM headquarters or directly to the registry or through regional departments of the Authority. Observations can be sent by fax to +40 372 845 402 or e-mail to [email protected]

“We will once again give interested parties the opportunity to gain valuable spectrum that will allow them to market in Romania offer mobile services which there is an increasingly higher demand. The usability of mobile internet broadband is constantly increasing and income from the provision of these services have been the most spectacular growth in the first half of last year, by 45%, “said Catalin Marinescu, president of ANCOM.

In 2012 there was the largest ever organized mobile auction in Romania, which was reallocated spectrum used by Orange, Vodafone and Cosmote 900Mhz/1800Mhz bands for 2G/3G service delivery as well as in bands 800 MHz and 2600 MHz, used partly by the Ministry of National Defense (MND) for 4G services.

Orange, Vodafone, Cosmote and RCS & RDS and 2K Telekom bought 85% of the auctioned spectrum, and the cumulative amount of license fees paid by these operators exceeded 682.13 million euros.

This post contains Third Party Advertising, using online behavioral tracking technology. You can learn more about our policies regarding online behavioral advertising and your choices regarding such ads here --> Privacy Policy.
0
Like
Save

Comments

Write a comment

*