TalkTalk has unveiled its new Super Router which is faster, smarter, optimised for TV and designed to provide further coverage throughout the home.
According to TalkTalk, the Super Router’s Wi-Fi range was unbeaten against flagship routers from BT, Sky, Virgin Media and EE, in an independent testing. The new Super Router can be used with both copper (ADSL 2+) and fibre broadband of speed of up to 1Gbps.
Basically the TalkTalk Super Router is based on Huawei’s HG635 hardware and boasts 802.11ac connectivity, using both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at up to triple the speed of the previous TalkTalk router.
The new router will be included alongside all new, upgrade and re-contracting orders for TalkTalk’s Superpowered Fibre Broadband (FTTC) service, which costs from +£10 extra per month as an add-on to your existing service. Let’s say, if you take the unlimited SimplyBroadband package with the current offer of £1.75 a month + £15.95 line rental then you can add £10 on top to get download speeds of up to 38Mbps from the FTTC upgrade.
The Super Router will also be available to all new TalkTalk Business direct fibre customers soon.
– ADSL2+ & VDSL2 (Fibre ready) modem
– 3×3 MiMo; Simultaneous 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz dual-band
– 5Ghz with Wi-Fi AC, backwards compatible with Wi-Fi b/g/n
– 2.4Ghz with Wi-Fi N, backwards compatible with Wi-Fi b/g
– One touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
– WEP & WPA2 Wi-Fi security
– 4 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
– 1 x RJ11 xDSL port; 1 x RJ45 WAN port
– Integrated firewall; Integrated Self-Help pages
– 1 x USB 2.0 host for external storage and printers
– UPNP with port forwarding and mapping